Utah Festival is hearing principal and young artists for the following roles and for our Festival Artist Program (young artists) for the 2015 summer season. Repertoire is LA BOHÈME, CAROUSEL, HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING, and MAN OF LA MANCHA.*
To apply for an audition please follow the instructions in the right-hand column. If you are chosen to audition, note the audition procedures here.
AUDITION LOCATIONS / DATES |
- Monday, October 13, 2014 – New York City – 10:00-5:00pm
- Tuesday, October 14, 2014 – New York City – 11:00-5:00pm
- Monday, October 20, 2014 – New York City – 10:00-5:00pm
- Tuesday, October 21, 2014 – New York City – 10:00-5:00pm
- Friday, November 21, 2014 – San Francisco – 10:00-5:00pm
- Monday, November 24, 2014 – Los Angeles – 2:00-5:00pm
- Tuesday, November 25, 2014 – Los Angeles – 10:00-5:00pm
- To Be Announced – Bloomington, IN
- To Be Announced – Cincinnati, OH
LA BOHÈME |
- Musetta (Principal / Managed Artist)
- Colline (Festival Artist)
- Carnival Boy (Dancer / Festival Artist)
HOW TO SUCCEED IN BUSINESS WITHOUT REALLY TRYING |
- Smitty (Festival Artist)
- Hedy (Festival Artist)
CARMINA BURANA |
- Soloists TBD (to be cast from mainstage artists)
*If you recently auditioned or applied for a position you should NOT expect to receive a rejection notice. Our General Director Michael Ballam keeps copious notes and bio material on all artists, and although you may not be ideal for a role for our present season, you will be kept in consideration for future seasons. You are welcome to contact Cassandra Coulam, Artistic Administrator at email@example.com for an update regarding your status. Thank you!
ORCHESTRA AUDITIONS |
If you are interested in a position in our orchestra, please send a resume and references to Robert J. Miller, Assistant Music Administrator at firstname.lastname@example.org. You will be contacted if a position becomes available.
Please send resume and headshot, specifying where you would prefer to be heard if chosen to audition. If you are not available for any of our upcoming auditions, you may submit a video for consideration.*
(audition materials can be sent as attachments or hyperlinks)
FOR QUESTIONS |
Robert J. Miller
Assistant Music Administrator
*Please note that Utah Festival Opera & Musical Theatre is non-Equity.